Table of contents
About this book
The book presents an advanced but accessible overview of some of the most important sub-branches of magnetohydrodynamics (MHD): stability theory, magnetic topology, relaxation theory and magnetic reconnection. Although each of these subjects is often treated separately, in practical MHD applications they are normally inseparable. MHD is a highly active field of research.
The book is written for advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and researchers working on MHD-related research in plasma physics and fluid dynamics.
magnetic reconnection MHD relaxation helicity magnetic topology solar plasmas
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16343-3
- Copyright Information CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-16342-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-16343-3
- Series Print ISSN 0254-1971
- Series Online ISSN 2309-3706
- Buy this book on publisher's site