Planning of a Black-Box Benchmark Structure for Dynamic Substructuring
- 324 Downloads
Experimental Analytical substructuring has been a popular field of research for several years and has seen many great advances for both frequency based substructuring (FBS) and component mode synthesis (CMS) techniques. To examine these technical advances, a new benchmark structure is being designed through the SEM Dynamic Substructuring technical division to act as a black-box study for anyone researching in the field. This black-box challenge will include experimental subcomponents and a finite element model to which these experimental results are to be connected. We often know the truth target when completing substructuring research; however, this challenge allows researchers to test their techniques without the aid of a truth measurement. IMAC XXXVII attendees are encouraged to contact the authors to join the team designing the black-box hardware and/or eventually have their institution participate in this challenge. The results from the assembled truth measurement will be presented at IMAC XXXIX.
KeywordsDynamic substructuring Experimental analytical substructuring Component mode synthesis Frequency based substructuring Structural modification
This manuscript has been authored by National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC. under Contract No. DE-NA0003525 with the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration. The United States Government retains and the publisher, by accepting the article for publication, acknowledges that the United States Government retains a non-exclusive, paid-up, irrevocable, world-wide license to publish or reproduce the published form of this manuscript, or allow others to do so, for United States Government purposes.
- 1.Mayes, R.L.: An introduction to the SEM substructures focus group test bed – the ampair 600 wind turbine. In: Topics in Experimental Dynamics Substructuring & Wind Turbine Dynamics, Jacksonville, FL (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Rohe, D.P., Mayes, R.L.: Coupling of a bladed hub to the tower of the ampair 600 wind turbine using the transmission simulator method. In: Topics in Experimental Dynamics Substructuring, vol. 2, Orlando, FL (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Roettgen, D.R., Mayes, R.L.: Ampair 600 wind turbine 3-bladed assembly substructuring using the transmission simulator method. In: Proceedings from the XXXIII IMAC Conference, Orlando, FL (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Rahimi, S., deKlerk, D., Rixen, D.J.: The Ampair 600 Wind Turbine Benchmark: results from the frequency based substructuring applied to the rotor assembly. In: Proceedings of the 31st International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Brunetti, J., Culla, A., D’Ambrogio, W., Fregolent, A.: Experimental dynamic substructuring of the ampair wind turbine test bed. In: Proceedings of the International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Harvey, J., Avitable, P.: Comparison of some wind turbine blade tests in various configurations. In: Proceedings from the 30th International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Gross, J., Seeger, B., Peter, S., Reuss, P.: Applying the transmission simulator techniques to the ampair 600 wind turbine testbed. In: Proceedings of the 34th IMAC Dynamics of Coupled Structures, Vol. 4, Orlando, FL (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Cwenarkiewicz, M., Johansson, T. Experimental dynamic substructirng of an ampair 600 wind turbine hub together with two blades. Linnaeus University Thesis Under Advisor: Andreas Linderholt (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Roettgen, D.R., Seeger, B., Tai, W., Baek, S., Dossogne, T., Allen, M.S., Kuether, R.J., Brake, M.R.W., Mayes, R.L.: A comparison of reduced order modeling techniques used in dynamic substructuring. In: Proceedings of the International Modal Analysis Conference XXXIV, Orlando, FL (2016).CrossRefGoogle Scholar