New Tuning Formulas: Genetic Algorithm Used in Air Conditioning Process with PID Controller
- 203 Downloads
In this paper, a new tuning formula is proposed for PID controller in air conditioning processes, which is often used in engineering practice. A qualified controller should achieve a good balance between system performance and robustness. In this study, the set-point following and attenuation of load disturbances are decoupled by using two degrees-of-freedom control structure and the ability to reject load disturbances to the robustness constraints is maximized by optimization algorithms. A novel scheme is adopted in the derivation of the new tuning formulas that can be much simpler and easier with similar control performance compared to complex optimization algorithms. The simulation results are given to demonstrate their feasibility and effectiveness.
KeywordsPID control Load disturbance attenuation Robustness
This work is financially supported by the AMMS Youth Innovation Foundation No. 2017CXJJ09.
- 4.Yamamoto, S. (1991). Present status and future needs: The view from Japanese industry. In Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Chemical Process Control-CPC IV, CACHE-AIChE (pp. 1–28).Google Scholar
- 5.Åström, K. J., & Hägglund, T. (1995). PID controllers: Theory, design and tuning. Research Triangle Park: Instrument Society of America.Google Scholar
- 6.Ziegler, J. G. (1942). Optimum settings for automatic controllers. Transactions of the ASME, 64(2B), 759–768.Google Scholar
- 8.Åström, K. J., & Hägglund, T. (2006). Advanced PID control. Research Triangle Park: ISA.Google Scholar
- 14.Gen, M., & Cheng, R. (2000). Genetic algorithms and engineering optimization (Vol. 7). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar