A Double Auction VM Migration Approach
- 186 Downloads
Virtualization technology plays an important role in cloud computing. Virtual machine (VM) migration can reduce the cost of cloud computing data centers. In this paper, a double auction-based VM migration algorithm is proposed, which takes the cost of communication between VMs into account under normal operation situation. The algorithm of VM migration is divided into two parts: (1) selecting the VMs to be migrated according to the communication and occupied resources factors of VMs, (2) determining the destination host for VMs which to be migrated. We proposed VMs greedy selection algorithm (VMs-GSA) and VM migration double auction mechanism (VMM-DAM) to select VMs and obtain the mappings between VMs and underutilized hosts. Compared with other existing works, the algorithms we proposed have advantages.
KeywordsVirtual machine migration Double auction Greedy selection algorithm
This work was supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grant 61170201, Grant 61070133, and Grant 61472344, in part by the Innovation Foundation for graduate students of Jiangsu Province under Grant CXLX12 0916, in part by the Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions under Grant 14KJB520041, in part by the Advanced Joint Research Project of Technology Department of Jiangsu Province under Grant BY2015061-06 and Grant BY2015061-08, and in part by the Yangzhou Science and Technology under Grant YZ2017288 and Yangzhou University Jiangdu High-end Equipment Engineering Technology Research Institute Open Project under Grant YDJD201707.
- 1.Azougaghe, A., Oualhaj, O. A., & Hedabou, M. (2017). Many-to-one matching game towards secure virtual machines migration in cloud computing. In International Conference on Advanced Communication Systems and Information Security (pp. 1–7). Piscataway: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Reguri, V. R., Kogatam, S., & Moh, M. (2016). Energy efficient traffic-aware virtual machine migration in green cloud data centers. In IEEE International Conference on Big Data Security on Cloud (pp. 268–273). Piscataway: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Sun, Z., & Zhu, Z. (2015). A combinatorial double auction mechanism for cloud resource group-buying. In 2014 IEEE 33rd International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC) (pp. 1–8). Piscataway: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.Tso, F. P., Hamilton, G., Oikonomou, K., & Pezaros, D. P. (2013). Implementing scalable, network-aware virtual machine migration for cloud data centers. In IEEE Sixth International Conference on Cloud Computing (pp. 557–564). Piscataway: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 14.Xu, X., He, L., Lu, H., Gao, L., & Ji, Y. (2018). Deep adversarial metric learning for cross-modal retrieval. World Wide Web-Internet and Web Information Systems, 22(2), 657–672.Google Scholar