A Method of Calculating the Safety Margin of the Power Network Considering Cascading Trip Events
- 143 Downloads
Aiming at the phenomenon of the cascading trip in power system, this paper studies a calculation method of safety margin of power system considering the cascading trip. First, this paper analyses the behavior of cascading trip according to the action equation of relay protector, and proposes the concept of the critical state according to find out whether there are cascading trip events occurring in a power system. Then, this paper proposes an index for measuring the safety margin of power system in the case of considering a cascading trip, and proposes a model and an algorithm for calculating the safety margin. Finally, the rationality of the algorithm is demonstrated by the example of IEEE39 system.
KeywordsPower system Blackout Cascading failure Power flow transfer Correlation function
This research was financially supported by Fujian Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China under the grant 2015J01630, Doctoral Research Foundation of Fujian University of Technology under the grant GY-Z13104, and Scientific Research and Development Foundation of Fujian University of Technology under the grant GY-Z17149.
- 1.Shi, L., Shi, Z., Yao, L., et al.: Research on the mechanism of cascading blackout accidents in modern power system. Power Syst. Technol. 34(3), 48–54 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Xue, Y., Xie, Y., Wen, F., et al.: A review on the research of power system cascading failures. Autom. Electr. Power Syst. 37(19), 1–9, 40 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, Y., Hu, B., Liu, J., et al.: The theory and application of power system cascading failure (a)—related theory and application. Power Syst. Prot. Control 41(9), 148–155 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Xiao, F., Leng, X., Ye, K., et al.: Research on fault diagnosis and prediction of chain trip based on fault causal chain of finite state machine. Power Big Data 21(08), 48–57 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Y., Huang, S., Mei, S., et al.: Analysis on patterns of power system cascading failure based on sequential pattern mining. Power Syst. Autom. 1–7 (2019). http://kns.cnki.net/kcms/detail/32.1180.TP.20190124.1036.036.html
- 6.Xu, D., Wang, H.: High risk cascading outage assessment in power systems with large-scale wind power based on stochastic power flow and value at risk. Power Grid Technol. 43(02), 400–409 (2019)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, P., Zhang, Y., Zeng, H.: Improved particle swarm optimization algorithm for power economic dispatch. J Huazhong Univ. Sci. Technol. (Natural Science Edition) 38(3), 121–124 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Cai, G.: Branch transient potential energy analysis method for power system transient stability. Harbin Institute of Technology (1999)Google Scholar