Optimization Algorithm of RSSI Transmission Model for Distance Error Correction
- 149 Downloads
In wireless sensor networks localization process, RSSI-based ranging methods mostly adopt the traditional logarithmic-distance path loss model. Its model parameters mostly adopt empirical values and ignoring the problem of changes in the surrounding environment during the node localization process. Thus, it is increasing the localization error and reducing the applicability of the algorithm. To solve this problem, this paper proposes an optimization algorithm of RSSI transmission model for distance error correction (RSSI-DEC) to optimize the path loss factor and the reference path loss between anchor nodes in the signal transmission model. FA algorithm and PSO algorithm are used to optimize the parameters of the model, and the model parameters adapted to the monitoring environment are obtained to correct the ranging error. The simulation results show that RSSI-DEC algorithm proposed in this paper can effectively improve node localization accuracy and environmental adaptability. The algorithm proposed in this paper has an average relative localization error of 9.17%.
KeywordsRSSI Localization error Parameters Correction
This work was supported by “Research on Lightweight Active Immune Technology for Electric Power Supervisory Control System”, a science and technology project of State Grid Co., Ltd. in 2019.
- 2.Fariz, N., Jamil, N., Din, M.M.: An improved indoor location technique using Kalman filtering on RSSI. J. Comput. Theor. Nanosci. 24(3), 1591–1598 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Teng, Z., Qu, Z., Zhang, L., Guo, S.: Research on vehicle navigation BD/DR/MM integrated navigation positioning. J. Northeast Electr. Power Univ. 37(4), 98–101 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, X., Xiong, W., Xu, B.: A cooperative localization algorithm based on RSSI model in wireless sensor networks. J. Electr. Meas. Instrum. 30(7), 1008–1015 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Teng, Z., Xu, M., Zhang, L.: Nodes deployment in wireless sensor networks based on improved reliability virtual force algorithm. J. Northeast Dianli Univ. 36(2), 86–89 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Yu, Z., Guo, G.: Improvement of localization technology based on RSSI in ZigBee networks. Wirel. Pers. Commun. 95(3), 1–20 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Sun, Z., Zhou, C.: Adaptive clustering algorithm in WSN based on energy and distance. J. Northeast Dianli Univ. 36(1), 82–86 (2016)Google Scholar