Deformation Analysis of Crude Oil Pipeline Caused by Pipe Corrosion and Leakage
In this paper, the pipeline corrosion and leakage model were built by Ansys software. The Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation and unidirectional fluid-solid coupling simulation have carried out for the corrosion and leakage conditions of the pipeline. The results have shown that when the pipe is corroded by 2 mm, the deformation quantity of the pipe will increase to 5.2 × 10−9 m. When the pipe is leaked, the deformation quantity near the leaking hole of different shapes would change and the deformation quantity near the leaking hole was the largest part. This conclusion has provided an effective means for studying pipeline corrosion and leak detection technology.
KeywordsCFD simulation Pipeline leakage Pipeline monitoring
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (Grant No: 61705077), Science Foundation of Jilin Province Education Department (No: 92001001).
- 1.Baoqun, W., Yanhong, L., Yibin, D., Xinyu, C.: Current situation and prospect of China’s crude oil pipeline. Pet. Plan. Des. 8–11 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Yanhui, Z., Tao, Z., Yigui, Z., Qu, H., Penghu, Z.: Numerical simulation of erosion and corrosion in T-tube of gathering pipeline. Contemp. Chem. Ind. 43(11), 2457–2459 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Guozhong, W., Dong, L., Yanbin, Q.: Numerical simulation of surface temperature field of underground oil stealing pipeline and buried oil pipeline. J. Pet. Nat. Gas 10, 815–817 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Jingcui, L., Kub, B., Dongmei, D., Qing, H.: Simulation of micro-leakage flow field detection in natural gas pipeline. Comput. Simul. 10, 361–366 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Fuxing, Z., Pengfei, Z., Yinghao, Q.: Stress analysis of pipeline deformation based on ANSYS. Chem. Equip. Technol. 37(2), 47–49 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Hongjun, Z.: Ansys+ 14. 5 practical guide for thermo fluid solid coupling, pp. 147–156. People’s post and Telecommunications Publishing, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Hongchi, H., He, Q., Jingcui, L., Zhibing, C.: Analysis of the influence of leakage hole shape on leakage characteristics. Electr. Power Sci. Eng. 34(1), 73–78 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Jianming, F., Hongxiang, Z., Guoming, C., Xiaoyun, Z., Yuan, Z, Ting, R.: Effect of geometric shape of cracks on leakage of small holes in gas pipelines. Nat. Gas Ind. 34(11), 128–133 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Sousa, C.A.D., Romero, O.J.: Influence of oil leakage in the pressure and flow rate behaviors in pipeline (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Hongyu, L.: Leakage detection technology for long distance natural gas pipeline. Chem. Manag. 10, 97–103 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Yingliang, W.: Leakage test and numerical simulation study of pipeline orifice. Zhejiang Univ. 45(2), 14–19 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Hongbing, H.: Analysis of the research status of natural gas pipeline leakage. Contemp. Chem. Ind. 352–354 (2016)Google Scholar