Gives accurate and reliable summaries of the current state of research. It includes entries on philosophers, problems, terms, historical periods, subjects and the cultural context of Renaissance Philosophy. Furthermore, it covers Latin, Arabic, Jewish, Byzantine and vernacular philosophy, and includes entries on the cross-fertilization of these philosophical traditions. A unique feature of this encyclopedia is that it does not aim to define what Renaissance philosophy is, rather simply to cover the philosophy of the period between 1300 and 1650.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-02848-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-02848-4
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Reference Module Humanities and Social Sciences
- Number Of Entries 824